- Class Dates
- 08/15/2023 to 08/18/2023
- Delivered By
- In Person
- Guided Study
- Meeting Times
- Meets by Appt
- Meeting Location
- IGP Conference Center IGP Auditorium, 1980 Kimball Rd, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506 United States
- Special Times & Locations
- Aug 15, 2023 - Aug 18, 2023 from 08:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
Extrusion Processing: Technology and Commercialization
GRSC 790 - Class Number: 11412
The course will cover various topics including: • principles of extrusion processing • raw material selection • equipment and control systems • post-processing operations • extruded products (including breakfast cereal, snacks, textured soy protein, pet food, and feed for poultry, animal and aquatic species) • business planning and commercialization • lab sessions and hands-on experience with pilot-scale extrusion equipment The course is jointly organized by the departments of grain science and agricultural economics at KSU, with active support by industry partners. The Kansas State Extrusion Lab has a strong emphasis on service, research and teaching and is primarily housed in the Bioprocessing and Industrial Value-Added Program building. It has a variety of facilities including lab-scale and pilot-scale twin and single screw extruders, and a pilot-scale gas-fired dryer. Note: A significant feature of the IGP–KSU Extrusion Course is a hands-on session on the science and practice of sensory evaluation and consumer acceptance studies for new products.
- Website with more information: https://www.grains.k-state.edu/igp/on-site-training/feed-manufacturing/extrusion-processing/
- Questions or Special Needs Please contact one of the following if you have a special dietary need or are physically limited: Lisa Markley, email@example.com, Phone 785-532-7160/ Fax: 785-532-6080 or Sajid Alavi, Course Instructor, firstname.lastname@example.org Dept. of Grain Science and Industry Phone: 785-410-9051/Fax: 785-532-7010 www.grains.ksu.edu/igp
- This course has an additional materials fee of $1040.00.
- Instructor Sajid Alavi's permission is always required.
- Enrollment Dates
- 03/23/2023 to 08/15/2023
- Enrollment Limit
Enrollments received on or after the first day of class may be assessed a $65 special handling fee.
Courses in Kansas State University’s new tuition and fees structure charge by program type — campus-based or online — versus by individual course delivery format. Tuition and fees rates are available at k-state.edu/costs.