- Class Dates
- 08/21/2023 to 10/13/2023
- Delivered By
- In Person
- Meeting Times
- Meets TU, 06:30 p.m. - 07:30 p.m.
- Meeting Location
- K.O. Boxing, 2048 Tuttle Creek Blvd. (In the basement under Shelter Insurance)., Manhattan, Kansas 66502
RRES 200 - Class Number: 14143
Get into shape by participating in the sport of USA Olympic Style Boxing. Students will be taken through a boxer's workout in a safe and comfortable environment while learning boxing punches, a proper boxing stance, footwork, movement, shadow boxing, and self-defense. Students will be introduced to the many rhythmic bags, heavy bags, and focus mitts. Learning the sport of boxing is a fun way to relieve stress, gain self-confidence, get stronger, leaner, and faster, while developing a sense of self through boxing ethics. There will be no sparring in this course.
- On the first day of class, students will place their order for the correct boxing equipment needed for this course: Safety gloves (14-16 oz. leather gloves needed for safety), curved focus mitts, and 180” stretchable hand-wraps; the total purchase is $120. Renting is an option and will be discussed on the first day of class; rental is $80 for KO gloves, mitts, wraps. Students may reach out with any questions in regard to equipment by contacting the instructor at email@example.com or 785-341-1708 (text).
- Need additional information about this class? Contact UFM credit coordinators Samantha Lovitt, firstname.lastname@example.org or Erin Ford, email@example.com. Office phone: 785-539-8763.
- Instructor Pedro Marquez's permission is required after 08/22/2023.
- Enrollment Dates
- 03/20/2023 to 08/21/2023
- Enrollment Limit
Enrollments received on or after the first day of class may be assessed a $65 special handling fee.
Courses in Kansas State University’s new tuition and fees structure charge by program type — campus-based or online — versus by individual course delivery format. Tuition and fees rates are available at k-state.edu/costs.