Advanced International Marketing
MKTG 844 - Class Number: 16852
This course is designed to develop the students’ managerial decision making ability in international marketing. The course will focus on the internationalization process of firms, the unique issues in international marketing, and international marketing strategy. The course will integrate short lectures, class discussions, and case analysis to achieve its objectives. Students in this course will be exposed to the above topics via readings, online lectures, and class discussions during the first four weeks of the course. Thereafter, the course participants will embark upon a eleven-day trip to Barcelona and Rome during which they will be exposed to experiential learning opportunities pertaining to global marketing and business. Students will experience marketing mix strategies in two prominent European cultures (Spain and Italy), learn more about global marketing companies. The last two weeks of the course will focus on discussions and a research paper relating observations from the field trips to the lecture materials and readings covered during the first part of the course.
- Application deadline: March 15, 2023. Information and application available at: https://www.k-state.edu/abroad/current-students/apply/
- The course will begin on October 23, 2023 and end on December 8, 2023. The course will host pre-tour class meetings and a post-tour class meeting, dates, room number and time TBD. Participants will travel abroad on the study tour from November 16 to November 27, 2023.
- Instructor Swinder Janda's permission is always required.
- Contact Education Abroad at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-5990 for additional program information, including program fees and application process
- Copy of your passport
- International health insurance
- Enrollment Dates
- 03/20/2023 to 08/21/2023
- Enrollment Limit
Enrollments received on or after the first day of class may be assessed a $65 special handling fee.
Courses in Kansas State University’s new tuition and fees structure charge by program type — campus-based or online — versus by individual course delivery format. Tuition and fees rates are available at k-state.edu/costs.