- Class Dates
- 03/18/2024 to 05/10/2024
- Delivered By
- In Person
- Meeting Times
- Meets MW, 04:30 p.m. - 05:30 p.m.
- Meeting Location
- Elevation Studios MHK, 1125 Laramie, Suite A, Manhattan, KS 66502
KIN 101 - Class Number: 15946
This course will teach students the basics of pole fitness. Through pole-based strength and conditioning, standardized pole spins and maneuvers, and choreography students will learn to utilize the pole as both strength training equipment and an aerial arts apparatus. This is a physically challenging class, incorporating body weight exercises, flexibility training, and cardiovascular exercise. Students will also learn about the history of pole performance across different cultures, its significance in society, and the rules and regulations of Pole Sport competition.
- Students will need to purchase their own Dryhands hand chalk which is available at Elevation Studios for $10.
- Need additional information about this class? Contact UFM credit coordinators Samantha Lovitt, email@example.com or Erin Ford, firstname.lastname@example.org. Office phone: 785-539-8763.
- The instructor will give all students a required consent/waiver form to sign before starting this class.
- Instructor Amy Ketchum-McGhee's permission is required after 03/19/2024.
- Instructor Michelle Sullivan's permission is required after 03/19/2024.
- Enrollment Dates
- 10/23/2023 to 01/16/2024
- Enrollment Limit
Enrollments received on or after the first day of class may be assessed a $65 special handling fee.
Courses in Kansas State University’s new tuition and fees structure charge by program type — campus-based or online — versus by individual course delivery format. Tuition and fees rates are available at k-state.edu/costs.