- Class Dates
- 08/21/2023 to 12/08/2023
- Delivered By
- Online Asynchronous
- Meeting Times
- Meets by Appt
- Meeting Location
- Distance Education
Science of Food
FNDH 413 - Class Number: 14547
Chemical, physical, sensory, and nutritional properties of food related to processes used in food preparation.
- Advisor permission required. Enrollment restricted to students in the online Nutrition & Health and Dietetics programs. On-campus students should contact their advisor for seat availability beginning on July 1, 2023.
- Instructor Brian Lindshield's permission is required after 08/28/2023.
- The student is responsible for purchasing all food and equipment for the labs. The cost of food alone may be in the excess of $350 depending upon the location of the student.
- Availability of a kitchen and appliances required. Instructor will provide students with a list of required equipment.
- Internet access
- Students must be able to create documents in PowerPoint, Word, and PDF formats. Many of the files associated with this class are large. Therefore, high-speed internet access is strongly recommended. If the student does not have high-speed internet, it may take up to an hour to download each file.
- Students must be admitted to the Dietetics online bachelor's degree OR have instructor permission.
- Students must have a digital camera for submitting digital photos to instructor.
- The students must be able to convert assignments to PDF format before submitting.
- CHM 110 and 111 or 210
- Enrollment Dates
- 03/20/2023 to 08/21/2023
- Enrollment Limit
Enrollments received on or after the first day of class may be assessed a $65 special handling fee.
Courses in Kansas State University’s new tuition and fees structure charge by program type — campus-based or online — versus by individual course delivery format. Tuition and fees rates are available at k-state.edu/costs.